Thursday 1 October 2015

Reflective Analysis

My intention was to produce a short film of approximately 1-2 minutes that fit into the horror genre. I wanted to create a film that captured the audience’s attention and leave them questioning the ending that would finish on a cliff-hanger.  The main theme of the movie is stalking and chasing- I decided this as the theme as it creates tension in the audience as well as keeping an interesting subject. I chose to use non-diegetic sound as it fits into the video better as what is going on in the screen does not require any diegetic sound- I feel as though the music I used in the editing process fits in well with the film as it is very mysterious and eerie, building up at certain points to create even more tension in the audience. Various camera shots were used in the filming process including long shots in corridors, extreme close ups when opening doors and tracking shots to follow the chase- these were effective as it showed what was happening in the film, allowing the audience to follow the action and know what is going on. I chose only to use two transitions in the film and leave the majority of the changes as jump cuts as it give a sense of action in the film, keeping the shots continuous and fast paced. Only 12 shots have been used in the video to keep the tension in the clips shown rather than creating a longer film that would not interest the audience.

If I were to redo this film, I would improve different things throughout the film. For example, I would have used a tripod in certain shots as the footage we have gathered often shakes, creating shots that look unprofessional. In addition, I would also create a backstory or narrative as to why this stalking/chasing is happening as viewers would not understand why this is happening if there is no information given beforehand or during the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment